News Feed Discussions No-mesh inguinal hernia repair near Minnesota/Midwest? Reply To: No-mesh inguinal hernia repair near Minnesota/Midwest?

• Tino_7

August 29, 2019 at 5:26 pm
    quote UhOh!:

Perhaps you can comment, based on your interaction, but reading Grischkan’s website, it sounds as though he’s using mesh for a fundamentally different purpose than the majority of surgeons.

From what I understand, it’s usually used as a “patch” which, when combined with tissue ingrowth, serves the function of a bandage or splint. It sounds, from what I’ve read, that Dr. Grischkan is trying to get the Gore-Tex (which I thought was a bit stretchy) to mimic the form and function of the damaged fascia itself. It would be reasonable to expect different results, no?

I could be mistaken, but my response to Ddot14 was based on my recollection of a very brief conversation with Dr. Grischkan – too brief to elaborate further. I hope I haven’t introduced any confusion to this topic. You certainly appear to know far more than do I, as I couldn’t even draw the conclusion you did.