Reply To: Mission act and Tri-West approved me to see Doc Brown!!!

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Mission act and Tri-West approved me to see Doc Brown!!! Reply To: Mission act and Tri-West approved me to see Doc Brown!!!

#19698
quote Good intentions:

That is great news Merritt. Be ready for immediate positive results but a long slow climb back to where you think that you should be. You and your body have been compensating for the mesh pain for many years. Take your recovery slowly and carefully. Take the long view if you have setbacks. I only had my mesh in for three years but still had setbacks up to where I am now. It’s constant progress but I still have a lot of room ahead to be better.

Best of luck in your surgery.

Thanks GI! I do have questions. After 15 years with this what recovery am I looking at? what’s the likelihood of permanent things wrong with my body? Like if the mesh is adhered to more than my spermatic chord like my intestine what is the likelihood of those or parts having to be removed? Doc Brown told me from looking at my records I would need a nuerectomy. I’ve already had one nerve sacrificed from the original surgery what’s it like to have nerves removed? Is there any weird sensations that comes with that? Should be expect more, less or for things to stay the same? I’ve had one surgeon tell me removing the mesh there’s 80% chance it will make things better but 20% it won’t that it will make things worse including loss of my right testicle. I guess these are questions best asked to doc Brown in person but my memory sucks so I need to get it all down somewhere.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar