Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Alan
Participant

I’m doing great now, the pain faded quite fast once I got back, it’s very slightly numb around the incisions and a slight tightness on the right side (After walking several miles) but improves each day. I just wish someone warned me about coughing or sneezing, that was an unexpected pain!

I don’t think my pain was typical, the nurses seemed shocked that I couldn’t stand up and walk to the toilet the night of the operation (Everyone else was getting dressed to go home). I assume it was due to having two direct hernias in addition to an indirect on the left side, it was quite swollen across the whole area for several weeks, the pain seemed to fade as the swelling went down.

Stephen said Dr Kang lives and breathes hernia repairs, 6 – 8 repairs a day I think he said he did plus consulting new patients in the afternoon and visiting them the morning after surgery. I would not have been able to do it without Stephen, aside from the obvious translation task he also fast tracked me through the paperwork when arriving and visited me a few times in recovery to see how I was doing.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar