Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Watchful
Participant

Thanks for the update, Alan. That’s great that your pain faded fast once you got back, and that the tightness keeps improving.

Where was the pain located? Incision area? Lower down in the scrotal area? I also had severe pain which was supposedly not typical when standing up or walking. This was after a Shouldice procedure, and my pain was in the scrotum, not the incision area. I think that gravity combined with the swelling was causing pressure on some nerves or injured tissue.

It’s really scary when you are in worse shape than others around you after surgery, the nurses are shocked, etc. It causes fear that something went wrong, and that the pain may not resolve on its own. I’m guessing Dr. Kang must have reassured you.

Do you have a hard ridge under the incisions? Any abnormal sensations other than numbness in the incision area? I have a hard ridge. I have some numbness on one side of the incision, and an abnormal sesation on the other side of it when rubbing the skin – feels like raw skin after tearing off a bandage. Must be presthesias from nerve damage, and will hopefully resolve completely with time.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar