Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Alan
Participant

The pain was across and between the incisions, right side above scrotum has felt tight (reducing daily), I assume that’s due to the inguinal ring on that side being closed up?

The nurses were great, two could speak a bit of English and the others used an app to translate. Dr Kang came to check on me, he didn’t seem too bothered about the pain, he checked touch sensitivity around the area with a pen and said to stay another night.

There’s a hard ridge under both, with I believe is expected for any deep incision? The cuts are extremely clean though, around 3.5cm long and hardly visible now. No other sensations other than slight numbness now.

Did they cut any nerves or move any muscles? I thought that was a requirement for the shouldice method but sounds like they repaired yours by just stitching it up? My main reason for going with Dr Kang was I didn’t want any nerves cut or the cremaster muscle moved\removed.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar