Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia Reply To: Advice before I head to Dr. Kang….possible direct hernia

MarkT
Participant

Chuck, I will reiterate my advice, which mirrors what Dr. Towfigh has also suggested: get imaging done (and you absolutely do not need to fly to Korea for that).

No one thinks you are nuts for choosing Dr. Kang…he seems like a solid choice…what may be a bit nuts is going there without a diagnosis. Imagine how you will feel if you book surgery with him, spend money on flights and a hotel, mentally prepare for the surgery and recovery…and then his imaging reveals that there is no hernia.

Get a dynamic MRI done wherever you are and then send it to whichever surgeons you want…Kang, Towfigh, etc. Then, if you indeed have a hernia, you can make your plans to go see Dr. Kang. If you don’t have a hernia, the dynamic MRI will likely also be helpful in diagnosing your problem.

I echo Watchful’s thought that it would not take ‘months’ to consult with Dr. Towfigh. If you get the MRI done, either through her referral or on your own, and it is sent to her, I’m sure she can get back to you fairly quickly.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar