News Feed Discussions How to overcome fear/anxiety and make yourself accept that you need surgery? Reply To: How to overcome fear/anxiety and make yourself accept that you need surgery?

• mwmcdonald3

February 19, 2023 at 1:37 pm

First of all I would like to say I am grateful for this website. I have learned a lot form all the contributions people have made.
    I to had a RIH and worn a belt for over 4 years until I was comfortable getting it taken care of. I did end up having Dr. Yunis do my repair about 3 weeks ago. He did a shouldice repair, he also had to take of another minor one by the main hernia along with that he said I had a lot of tissue swelling around the area.

After about eight days i was really starting to feel better and mobility was returning especially when sleeping. As of now I am very happy i had the surgery starting to feel like I got a part of my life back. I was also pleased with how Dr Yunis and his staff answered my questions and really helped to put me at ease.
    On top of that Sarasota Florida is a really nice area during the winter months for recovery.