News Feed Discussions Seroma? Reply To: Seroma?

• LD50

February 27, 2023 at 9:07 am

Both of my seromas were very painful which is why I (ill-advisedly) sought out relief for the 2nd one using manual therapy and acupuncture. I think acupuncture would have been helpful if I insisted that there was no needlework on my abdomen (open incisional hernia tissue repair). The first seroma I had (after C-sect) was very painful until it ruptured.
    I am scheduled for a robotic mesh repair of my recurrent ventral hernia on March 3 and I anticipate a seroma. I’m anticipating that there will be a lot of pain until the seroma resolves. I have a high pain tolerance and I don’t want to use narcotics (or really much of any pharmaceuticals) for pain relief, but I’m keeping an open mind. I do plan to receive acupuncture to facilitate healing/ reduce pain and my current acupuncturist and I are on the same page re:no abdominal needlework. I’m hopeful that this will be my final hernia repair, so I plan to follow my surgeon’s instructions and I’ll be glad when this entire episode is in the past.