News Feed Discussions Mike M’s troubling response…question for pinto cpk and others? Reply To: Mike M’s troubling response…question for pinto cpk and others?

• Good intentions

April 24, 2023 at 5:41 pm

Replying to watchful – I wonder what the Munich Hernia Center would have recommended. Linked below, I posted it in William Bryant’s Topic.

I see people on the forum doing what is done across the hernia repair industry, in over-simplifying, and suffering from the “recency” effect. The last thing they read or their strongest memory becomes their personal “status quo”. If you don’t look at the statistics you’ll end up with a different conclusion every week. The shameful thing is that we, the patients, should not have to do all of this work. The pros should have the answers for us. They don’t. Businesses are focused on getting the customers (the patients) in and out and paid up.

https://www.hernia-centre.com/hernia.html

I don’t know if they actually follow this path (every hernia repair center ad looks about the same), but they do lay out what looks like a logical approach.

“INGUINAL HERNIA SURGERY REQUIRES AN ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS TO BE MADE FIRST
    Your doctor will only be able to determine which option is best for treating your inguinal hernia after a detailed examination.
    Only once an accurate diagnosis has been made will your doctor draw up a meticulous plan for surgery with you and explain to you in detail what happens next.
    Given that there are a great number of techniques and surgical methods available, your physical condition and past medical history will also be taken into consideration.”