News Feed Discussions Bilateral Inguinal Hernia. Should I have key hole? Reply To: Bilateral Inguinal Hernia. Should I have key hole?

• rcl0223

July 26, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Have you asked the surgeon about chronic pain and his success rate with patients? I myself am in the the same situation, however, I only have a right inguinal and will need surgery soon. I have a big list of questions I’ll be asking two surgeons close to me that have quite a bit of experience with hernia repair. I would also ask your surgeon(s) if they perform non-mesh repair, and if they do, how many they have performed. There is always the Shouldice hospital in Canada as an option for non-mesh repair. There are also a handful of doctors in the states that perform other types of non-mesh repair such as modified shouldice and desarda. You can find names by googling. Your best bet is to ask your surgeon for advice given your anxiety, as I’m in the same boat. From what I’ve learned on this forum, most people do fine with mesh but it’s definitely a hard decision. Pleas keep us updated on your progress and what you choose.