News Feed Discussions How long can inguinal hernia repair be expected to last Reply To: How long can inguinal hernia repair be expected to last

• ajm222

October 13, 2017 at 1:55 pm

The surgeon I planned on using said no rush and definitely did not push into surgery. Said that it’s small and I probably wouldn’t have even noticed it if I hadn’t lost a bunch of weight recently. Said essentially I could wait until it bothers me. The other surgeon effectively said the same thing, though he said they don’t really recommend watch and wait anymore.

If you all have any advice about how to research a surgeon beyond word of mouth please feel free to share. I’m not really aware of any great resources that will tell you anything useful about the skill and experience of a surgeon beyond recommendations from PCP, word of mouth and the surgeon himself. And I have no intention of traveling for surgery. I don’t have that kind of money unfortunately. Surgery out of state would likely be considered out of network and I would have to pay substantially more for it. The surgeon I plan on using was not at all pushy and he’s been doing these surgeries for at least 30 or 35 years I imagine. No loans left to pay off 🙂