Warning: Use of undefined constant REQUEST_URI - assumed 'REQUEST_URI' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/herniatalk/public_html/wp-content/themes/buddy/functions.php on line 74
Appeal for help....as i consider ending it... - HerniaTalk

Appeal for help….as i consider ending it…

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Appeal for help….as i consider ending it…

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck
      Participant

folks as GI frequently relates i made a catostrophic error in laving lap tep mesh surgery…from dr carvajal in glendale california…little did i know how dangerous lapro surgery is…this guy had done 5000 surgeries so he was not a novice…but he rushed it…and i have been in significant pain since….docs have no clue what is wrong—its mostly prostate and urinary pain…the esteemed Dr Yunis said mesh removal was not appropriate…but i dont know what else to do…i am convinced the double mesh…jammed into the groin is causing the pelvic floor to spasm…giving me classic pelvic floor burning difficulty urinating…weak stream etc…if this is CPPS the underlying cause has to be all the plastic…i am doing pelvic floor physical therapy without much results…anyone have any ideas…pain is relentless…i had a small painless hernia…drank the coolaid on the gold standard…and am now screwed likely for life

drtowfigh
      Keymaster

No one is screwed for life. There is always a reason and therefore a treatment. You have to find the right doctors who can help you. If Dr. Yunis offered you help, follow his lead. If you have urologists who think it is treatable, follow their lead.

Your story is among so many others, and they mostly get the help they need. We shared many of the stories this week on HerniaTalk LIVE.

(The above is true with very very very few exceptions.)

Chuck
      Participant

thanks doc…but yunis had no clue…said prostatitis…i never had prostatitis pre mesh…this is prob cpps induced by tons of plastic…difficult or impossible to fix in all likelihood

Good intentions
      Participant

I know that there are surgeons out there that will remove mesh for psychological reasons alone. There was somebody on the forum a couple of years ago that just could not stand feeling the mesh in their abdomen and decided to have it removed, just months after it was implanted. Dr. Andrew Wright at the University of Washington Medical Center removed it.

I think that you will do better, both in how you feel about your problem and in finding a surgeon, if you can separate the need to “make somebody pay” for what happened to you, and the desire to try to get better. You have mentioned lawsuits in some of your posts and you often talk about the surgeon who implanted the mesh as screwing you up for life. If I was a surgeon I would wonder if you would actually feel better after surgery even if your prostatitis symptoms were cured. Evaluating a patient’s psychological profile before surgery is a new thing that is being done. Weed out the people that will never be happy, or get them to take full responsibility for the decision.

I had symptoms that none of the experts could explain. But removing the mesh removed the symptoms. Dr. Billing accepted my feeling that the mesh was the cause of the problems, based on his experience with other patients. But I was very rational and focused on getting better, not making my mesh implant surgeon pay a price.

A professional therapist could probably help you get your thoughts in order. Get your thoughts in order, put a plan together, and try to make it work. Dr. Yunis is just one of many surgeons who can remove mesh. You’ll find somebody who can help you if you keep looking.

Chuck
      Participant

thanks Good Intentions…i am tired of screwing around and just want the plastic garbage out…i hear you that attitude will be important in persuading a surgeon to work with me…i am looking at Igor Belyanski for the removal…Yunis praised him to the highest degree….any other info you can share that will prepare me for removal much appreciated…

drtowfigh
      Keymaster

Best advice by @good-intentions.

drtowfigh
      Keymaster

Prostatitis can occur after hernia repair if you had a Foley urinary catheter placed during the operation.

If you’ve been diagnosed with prostatitis, have you been adequately treated for that?

Chuck
      Participant

dr towfigh…i was catheterized…my murderer physician sam carvajal…bragged he could do double ingunial repair in 15 minutes…then insisted on cathing me…i didnt suspect the cath because i didnt get symptomos for 6 weeks after the operation…but i have been in agony now for 9 months…no one has any answers….been tested prostate fluid etc….repeatedly…no bugs can be found…so the pain and urinary problems continue unabated…some say its cpps…other say its the mesh….i had a small painless hernia…and will likely be dead by next weekend…thanks to medical incompetence…i dont even think i had a hernia on the other side…so tragic…was perfectly healthy and this doctor simply massacred me….was about to get married and retire…now i am heading for the cemetery.. Dr yunis looked at my mri and was perplexed…just said consider prostatitis….never had a single prostate problem prior to this botched surgery….please do not tell people that lap mesh tep is the best surgery…it actually should be outlawed plastic mesh has destroyed so many people…it has no place in most hernia surgery

William Bryant
      Participant

Have you been prescribed or tried any antibiotics Chuck? That would rule out prostatis or maybe cure it before anything drastic.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar