Dr, Towfigh – what do you think of Dr. Kangs mesh removal method?

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Dr, Towfigh – what do you think of Dr. Kangs mesh removal method?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck
      Participant

Dr towfigh…as one of the most experienced mesh removal doctors in the US i would be curious to hear your opinion of Dr kangs mesh removal method. I have looked at robotic removal for my double inguinal mesh…Dr Belyansky advised it would be a long surgery…close to 3 plus hours with the robot…i have seen folks that went to you have 5-6 hour surgeries…and surgery by robot is risky stuff Dr, Kang seems to propose a breakthrough technique…one that allows for complete removal of the mesh and superior tissue repair at the same time in have the time that the robot permits. Its not clear why no one has attempted this before….but Dr kang is perhaps outside yourself the best surgeon in the world??? its sad that he is in korea as i would love to consult with him….but he has generously responded on the forum…do you have any thoughts?>??

drtowfigh
      Keymaster

I believe that open/anterior hernia mesh should be removed via open/anterior approach. Laparoscopic/robotic/posterior mesh should be removed via laparoscopic/robotic approach.

I believe that Dr. Kang only offers open surgery and does not offer laparoscopic/robotic surgical options. If he only offers open surgery, then I would not consider an open approach for removal of a double inguinal mesh that was placed laparoscopic/robotically.

Faster is not necessarily better.

drkang
      Participant

I also don’t think an open approach is the best way to remove the lap installed mesh. However, I think that an open approach can be a good option for those who would choose pure tissue repair in case of hernia recurrence after laparoscopic/robotic mesh removal.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar