Good intentions….if you could

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Good intentions….if you could

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck
      Participant

can you give your opinion of the state of our tissue after mesh removal? What did your surgeon say? I asked Dr, B if i was basically a porcelain doll now after taking out the mesh….he said oh no…but a direct hernia might return…he also said that it would take an expert surgeon like himself to put mesh back where it was removed….I told him about your burned battlefield analogy and he just chuckled and said no no….the real risk is the return of the direct hernia. Still as much as i love Dr B….i cant help but wonder what that plastic crap did to me in the 11 months it was inside….i plan to consult with Dr Jancyk to get his take on the matter….i am still having pain in the inguinal areas after removal going on 13 weeks….but the prostatitis burning issues are resolving….do you have any thoughts? do you feel that our tissue is permanently and irrevocably damaged…my friend nick who had double 3d max removal says he feels few ill effect 5 years later…he also has not had a recurrance…

Good intentions
      Participant

I don’t have much to offer Chuck. Some surgeons actually use the cauterization damage as a tool to tighten up tissue. Dr. Ponsky has mentioned it when talking about his work in pediatric hernia repair. I’ll post the link if I can find it.

This past couple of weeks I’ve found that I can now wear a pair of my old Levis, that have a waistband one inch smaller than what I have been wearing. The area below my navel has been so stiff and incompressible that when I wore them in the past they caused pressure in my groins that was irritating. I kept the pants though in the hope that flexibility would return some day and it seems to be here now. I can finally wear pants that fit correctly.

It’s been five years since the mesh was removed. Change is still happening.

Good intentions
      Participant

Here you go Chuck. It’s not Dr. Ponsky, it’s Dr. Krpata showing how he does mesh removal. Smoke, charred fragments, etc., it all gets covered up with sutured peritoneum and the body deals with it.

I timestamped the video so it starts at the removal surgery. More stuff to worry about.

Chuck
      Participant

Thanks GI…i STill cant beleive someone of your intellect and attention to detail got sucked into mesh surgery…..i think i read that you were going to go with Tissue and then changed your mind last minute….what changed your mind? In retrospect its so obvious that mesh was a catastrophic mistake…but i just cant fathom why i didnt see it at the time….common sense would say dont put two enormous sheets of plastic inside the body….but my experience with friends with lap showed few had any issues…while those with tissue complained of bad surgical pain hematomas…dead spots and nerve issue many years after…that coupled with shouldice and desarda folks telling me that were still having issues a year or two after the surgery with any exertion….and Voellers horrible visual of weak tissue being sewn to weak tissue destined to pull apart….I also think that the fact that hernia surgery was blown off as minor and routine sunk me…i couldnt concieve of the need to go to korea for surgery….i dont think i will ever get over this mistake…it ended my useful life….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar