Non Mesh chronic pain -mesh complications

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Non Mesh chronic pain -mesh complications

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck
      Participant

Hi folks…Dr Towfigh always says that tissue repairs have as many chronic pain complications as mesh repairs….but I never see anyone with a tissue repair posting negatively on any of these pages or the pages of any of the other hernia forums that i follow. Meanwhile mesh complication lists are infinite. Having just gotten a double mesh inguninal repair…which Dr Twofigh says is gold standard treatment…i seem to be reading that it is anything but…and is more likely to set me up for some serious life threatnening complications…mesh infection erosion migration fistulas choking the spermatic chord and the VAs….my question is this…given all these risks is it worth getting the mesh removed to avoid them in the future…i know the removal process is not easy and has its own risks…but i feel like i am walking around with a time bomb inside me…after reading all the complications i wonder how Dr towfigh or anyone else can recommend lap tep mesh procedures…any input welcome

William Bryant
      Participant

Personally chuck, I wouldnt get it removed unless it was giving you trouble. If you have no problems with it, I’d leave well alone as all surgery carries risk, it’s fine this reason some people with small or non trouble some hernias are advises not to have any repair including tissue repairs.

Mesh removal whilst tempting can cause complications and pain that you may not have at the moment, despite having mesh inside you.

William Bryant
      Participant

Personally chuck, I wouldnt get it removed unless it was giving you trouble. If you have no problems with it, I’d leave well alone as all surgery carries risk, it’s fine this reason some people with small or non trouble some hernias are advises not to have any repair including tissue repairs.

Mesh removal whilst tempting can cause complications and pain that you may not have at the moment, despite having mesh inside you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar