Question for Dr Kang

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Question for Dr Kang

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 week ago by Chuck.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck
      Participant

Dr Kang. First thanks so much for all your input here. It’s clear your clinic is becoming the pre-eminent hernia surgery center in the world and it’s happening by word of mouth. I have referred three people to you just this week and will continue to do so. Given the recent posts here it seems like the shouldice clinic is struggling to even get people properly anesthetized. Meanwhile Gibbeum hospital gets rave reviews from all that go there. My question is this. Our knowledgeable friend watchful appears to contend that the Kang repair has limits and that it might not be the best choice for every kind of hernia repair. He suggests that hernia patients with complex cases may be better served by going to surgeons with experience in a wider array of repairs like the German surgeons dr towfigh or dr yunis. Is your clinic equipped to handle any kind of hernia suregery that may be needed? Even god forbid a mesh repair? My case is tricky as I have had double inguinal lap installed mesh removal 3dbard max. I feel like my direct hernia has returned though there is no visible bulge. Just a full ache. The ache resolved when mesh was placed so I suspect the small direct hernia noted on the op report has returned. The other hernia was larger in size and was on the way towards descending into the testicle. If these hernias return, does this sound like something you can repair or would you recommend another surgeon? Dr Tomas would not accept me for a desarda repair. Thx again for your time here and God bless you for the work you are doing. I look forward to meeting you soon.

drkang
      Participant

Hello, Chuck.

First of all, thank you very much for always giving us undeserved support and encouragement.

Many people claim that various hernia surgery methods are needed to provide optimal surgery for patients with various conditions.

At first glance, it sounds very reasonable.
      My experience, however, suggests that it’s only a plausible theory.

Since 2012, I have performed tissue repair for more than 20,000 inguinal hernia patients without exception. And I am very satisfied with the results.

It is often said that patients with weak tissues need mesh repair, but I have not seen patients who need mesh because of their weak tissue

Among my patients were people over 250 pounds, with severe ascites due to liver cirrhosis, chronic cough due to lung disease, three or four hernia recurrences, or a hernia as large as a baby’s head, etc. I have firm confidence from my 11-year experience that sufficiently strong repair is possible with only tissue repair. Therefore, it is difficult to agree with the opinion that various surgery options should be needed for optimal patient care.

William Bryant
      Participant

Hello Dr. Kang

Is Kang repair suitable for pantaloon hernia? Have you repaired such satisfactorily?

Many thanks
      William

Chuck
      Participant

Thx dr kang for your always prompt responses. Others are posting here that you cut the genitofemoral nerve as part of the Kang repair. Do you cut any nerves as part of your repair? Will the fact that I had double mesh removal impact the strength of your repair at all? Will you ever offer paid consultations via zoom? The German surgeons are doing this as are many US surgeons. I think it would greatly increase your traffic. Watchful I am curious about your response to Dr Kang. I know you have concerns about his constant innovation. But do you still think that there are repairs that are not best served by a Kang repair?

Alan
        Participant

He told me no nerves are cut, also confirmed in his reply here

I have full sensitivity in the areas affected, I had direct and indirect repaired at the same time.

William Bryant
      Participant

Were they on same side Alan?

Alan
        Participant

Left side was large direct, right side was smaller direct but he found a small indirect hernia sack. Dr Kang must have small fingers as both incisions are the same size.

Wim
        Participant

It would be strange if not: although local anesthesia, the heart rate and oxygen levels are monitored by an anaesthetist, not just a nurse or so?

drkang
      Participant

Hello Chuck,

I do not cut the cremaster muscle during hernia surgery. The genitofemoral nerve, the ilioinguinal nerve, and the iliohypogastric nerve are also preserved as much as possible.
      There is no difficulty in Kang repair after removing the mesh.
      Thank you, but unfortunately, my English skills are still not good enough for a Zoom consultation. I need to practice more.

Chuck
      Participant

Dr. Kang…many thanks for your quick and thorough responses…you convey more information in your alleged “not good enough” english than most fluent english speaking doctors. God bless you for treating us like human beings/

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar