Who is the best/most versatile surgeon in the world

Hernia Discussion Forums Hernia Discussion Who is the best/most versatile surgeon in the world

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Chuck
      Participant

Folks i continue to recover from double mesh removal. But in preparation for recurrances I would like to identify the absolute best and most versatile surgeon in the world. As our friend Watchful has so eloquently related…you might pick the best surgeon at a certain technique…only to find that once surgery begins that technique may not be the best for your case. So I am looking for not only the best surgeon..but also a surgeon that can handle almost anything that comes up. My personal pick would be Dr. Kang…not only because of the huge volume of patients he has seen—his passion for hernia surgery—his innovation and understanding of the anatomy…and the fact that he was a mesh surgeon at one time. It seems like he is the guy to trust…never mind that he seems like an honest humble physician..quite different than the brood of U.S. Vipers I have encountered. Honobably mention to Doctors Towfigh, Yunis and the German surgeons. But honestly i trust you guys here more than any doctor…so would appreciated your input….thanks

Chuck
      Participant

Only downside to Kang is he will likely retire soon though he says he wants to work another 10 years. Anyone that went to Kang know anything about his son? I understand his son is taking up the mantle…but who knows how long it will take him to reach the status of his father.

Chuck
      Participant

Also special thanks to Dr. Twofigh for running this forum….without this forum patients would be hopelessly lost..her interviews with surgeons and other experts also very valuable.if i had found this forum I know i would never ever have allowed lap surgery to maim me.

roger555
      Participant

I have an appointment for my hernia surgery with Dr. Kang. Just reading his website tells me that he is the best. He says he can repair hernias no matter how large or how weak the tissue is. I think he truly understands how to cut to minimize trauma and stich to close the wound from the cut and hernia better than anybody else. He knows how to deal with the hernia sac in a way that won’t cause any problems later. His recurrence rate is close to zero. Also, somebody on this board had a recurrence which Dr Kang fixed with no subsequent problems after he figured why the recurrence happened in the first place. Someone else had some serious pain which resolved quickly after sometime. He had two hernias repaired.

He might not be perfect but for me he is the best choice. His technique is still very new and still being perfected. And he is truly interested in having the best possible outcome for the patient from his writings. The few testimonials seem to back up everything Dr Kang has said.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by roger555.
      Chuck
      Participant

This forum is getting super sleepy…thought we might have a debate here…guess not… Andreas Koch? I have been hearing a lot of negative stuff about Yunis lately….its near impossible to get a good result it seems

William Bryant
      Participant

Was it Baris who came round to find mesh was used when he was expecting tissue repair in Germany. I can’t remember if it was Dr Koch bit it was bio hernia I believe.

What has been heard about Dr Yunis? He usually gets good reviews in the main apart from one really bad one which is off putting.

Seems few surgeons with 100 percent good.

It’s such a dilemma

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New Report

Close

Skip to toolbar