News Feed Discussions Chronic Pain after Hernia Surgery in April 2011 Chronic Pain after Hernia Surgery in April 2011

• lizhe36

March 5, 2014 at 9:51 pm

Chronic Pain after Hernia Surgery in April 2011

Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate your help. It seems as though every time my mother has a CT scan done she is in a position where it doesn’t catch the problem, however, every time a dr. places pressure on the hernia repair scar, she feels so much pain. We do live in a somewhat rural community in Northern Nevada and haven’t had any success with any of the local doctors so we’ve been going to the University of Utah Hospital, which is where the veinal embolization was performed. She has an appointment with a general surgeon at the U of U tomorrow, who has some experience in lapaorscopy. This is the fourth surgeon she will see about her problem. They all want to just send her to a Gastroenterologist. It seems to me that they are not doing a thorough investigation into her medical history. I mean she’s been dealing with this since 2011 and here we are in 2014 with no resolution. Hopefully this new surgeon will listen to her and be willing to do some kind of exploration to put this issue at rest. I don’t know what else to do for my mother. I’ve never been so disheartened with the medical industry as I am now. I guess we will just have to keep going to surgeons until we can find one that will be willing to do an exploratory surgery. Thanks again.