News Feed Discussions Laparoscopic or Open Approach Laparoscopic or Open Approach

• eller642

June 30, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Laparoscopic or Open Approach

Great questions. I thought, or at least hoped, that after the initial repair my pain would be gone. I now know that some of the original pain was nerve related and after the repair, I had nerve pain as well. I was told that there was no guarantee that the repair would fix my pain because there seems to be a correlation between pre op pain and post op pain, but I didn’t see any other option. The repair did help the pain initially, it became more of a pulling pain. Now that I have had the neurectomy, the tingling and burning pain are gone. I am hoping mesh removal will help because there is pain right where the tacks and mesh can be seen on MRI, almost like trigger points when pressed on. In my case, I am hoping pure tissue repair proves to be better. That is what I will have when the mesh is removed, the Dr. said he would not put another mesh in me after all the pain issues I have had. It is very difficult to understand and after many conversations, that is how I best describe it. Hope this helps!