News Feed Discussions Chronic RUQ pain Chronic RUQ pain

  • drtowfigh

    November 5, 2015 at 1:48 am

    Chronic RUQ pain

    Dear Aman,
    You need to be seen and evaluated by a specialist in hernia complications. This may be a general surgeon or a urologist. Where do you live, and we can help assist in referring you to a colleague of ours that is knowledgeable in this realm.
    The question is whether you have a complication from the hernia repair, the mesh, nerve injury, injury to your spermatic cord (which leads to your testicle), hernia recurrence, etc. Many of these problems can be managed with local nerve injections, for example. However, some do require reoperation. A surgeon with expertise in evaluation and treatment of these problems can help you get back to normal and enjoy an active life.