News Feed Discussions Swollen Groin after Mesh Removal Swollen Groin after Mesh Removal

• jgens99218

November 10, 2015 at 9:04 pm

Swollen Groin after Mesh Removal

Dr Towfigh

I had the ultrasound done to determine if fluid was the cause of the swelling in my groin. The ultrasound came back negative and did not show any fluid accumulation? (Something is accumulated in there?) Today marks 20 weeks since my mesh removal. I am extremely concerned with the swelling in my groin. Although the swelling has gone down some what I am still very swollen and this also causes a lot of discomfort especially in the sitting position which i do all day long at my job. I am still experiencing a fair amount of off and on pain in the entire groin area as well with odd tightness/pains in various places in my thigh however this is intermittent and does not happen every day, Any further advise would be greatly appreciated. It just seems unusual to me that there is no logical explanation as to the cause and/or resolution of my problem other than time? If you are interested i can send you the Ultrasound and I would like to know what further testing or actions you think I should have done. I feel like this swelling is my main issue and most of the cause of my current pain issues.

Thanks in advance JG