News Feed Discussions Inguinal Mesh Removal Inguinal Mesh Removal

• LoriCx3

April 11, 2016 at 1:21 pm

Inguinal Mesh Removal

Dr. Towfigh- are there any cases of positive outcome related to laparoscopic inguinal mesh removal five years postop? Everything that I have read or heard of so far over the past year or so have all been horror stories. Obviously my biggest fear is undergoing a complex surgery only to be made worse than what I am now, which is pretty much disabled due to the chronic pain. The left groin pain actually started following surgery for salpingo oopherectomy from ovarian torsion in February 2011. I believe that the repair was done with the assumption that there may have been something going on, when in fact it may have been nothing more than my body’s response to a surgical procedure in which my body needed time to heal. There’s always a thought in the back of my mind that the pain I’m experiencing is related to the salpingo-oopherectomy and not fully due to the hernia repair. Can’t find any GYN in this area to find out if that is the case. They all talk about possible risks of laparoscopic surgery for lysis of adhesions but now I’m faced with the same risks if not more so regarding this mesh removal surgery