News Feed Discussions Pls help me choose among these 3 surgeons. thx. Reply To: Pls help me choose among these 3 surgeons. thx.

• drtowfigh

November 17, 2022 at 1:16 pm

1. On 8/15/22 I wrote “Also I reached out to Dr. Sbayi. Hopefully by November he can provide you with new contact information where he can see his patients.” No mention of October. And I kept my promise.

2. Surgeons change practices all the time. They are often employees and are limited by their employers (e.g., the hospital) as to whether they can a) alert patients of their move and b) alert patients of their new position. Most employers (e.g., hospital) consider the patients as theirs, not the surgeons’, as the surgeon is only an employee. To shed a negative light on a surgeon who is doing his job and seeking a better opportunity to treat his patients is without evidence and borders on disingenuity.

3. A lot has changed since 50-70, including access to online information and the business of healthcare. Most patients did not travel for care and went to their local doctor based on word of mouth. There is nothing illegal about advertising or marketing. As with any business, it is upon the consumer to do their due diligence.