News Feed Discussions My surgeries with Dr. Kang and Shouldice Hospital Reply To: My surgeries with Dr. Kang and Shouldice Hospital

• WilliamT

January 20, 2023 at 2:27 pm

Sorry, I didn’t describe this accurately; the discomfort from walking and standing is more of an inflamed and abrasive-type feeling.
    Tugging hasn’t happened much with walking, and when it did, it was mostly on stairs and walking down steep declining slopes.
    Tugging was mainly around movements that involve either excessive stretching/extension, or compression of the repair area. The only time it was scary is when I got “stuck’ in what was essentially a single-leg squat while trying to get into bed. Fortunately I had my follow-up with Dr. Kang scheduled for a few days later, and the incident doesn’t appear to have set me back.
    The tugging sensation feels the same as after the Shouldice repair, but it is less frequent and resolving more quickly this time. It may even be gone now, as gentle stretching, crouching/squatting, and bending are all no problem as of today.