News Feed Discussions General study about patients’ post-surgery pain perspectives Reply To: General study about patients’ post-surgery pain perspectives

• pinto

April 2, 2023 at 7:37 pm

Your first statement evinces the problem I noted: You say, “The authors categorized the results. Hernia surgery would most likely be under general surgery or undifferentiated surgery.”

You say, “most likely,” thus it’s your interpretation not that of the authors. It is just as likely that hernia surgery cases were not included. Without explanation HT readers cannot be assured that the medical report applies here.

HT cases are not just merely “undifferentiated” or “general” surgeries. HT cases are failed surgeries. Again without explanation HT readers cannot be assured that the medical report concerns cases of pain from failed surgeries.

My assumption–and a reasonable one–is that toleration of pain will differ between cases of successful and unsuccessful surgeries. Your information sidesteps this distinction; thus the medical report appears irrelevant to us.

If I am wrong, I will be happy to hear why. In that case you should explain how the report applies to HT cases of failed hernia surgeries (i.e., patients are left with debilitating conditions and at least some of them claim their surgeons have ignored them). Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by  pinto.