News Feed Discussions The best strategy for the management of inguinodynia is prevention Reply To: The best strategy for the management of inguinodynia is prevention

• Watchful

April 15, 2023 at 2:35 pm

The body can indeed keep healing over very long periods of time. I had a minor fracture in my elbow that took a decade to heal fully, and stop causing any pain, but that’s a bone. Soft tissue can take a long time to heal as well, and nerves are certainly notorious for that.

It really is a big hit when these surgeries go badly, and having to do additional surgeries at the same location feels like digging a deeper hole to some extent, but sometimes it’s necessary and helpful overall. Too bad these hernia surgeries are such a crapshoot with some going very well, and some leading to a domino effect of more trouble and reoperations.

I’m just going to give it time. Definitely not going under the knife again unless things take a radical turn for the worse, and it’s something that additional surgery could truly fix. I’m just glad I’m not in an occupation that requires physical labor, and that I didn’t have any athletic hobbies. Still, pain and discomfort have a bad effect regardless of your occupation and hobbies.