News Feed Discussions 4 months post incarcerated femoral hernia surgery Reply To: 4 months post incarcerated femoral hernia surgery

• mela414

February 16, 2017 at 1:13 am

So it seems the rest of my post is missing….oh well….here goes again….

I did some walking about 3-4 weeks after surgery and eased up when it felt that i had over done it and experienced some pain. About 3 months after surgery I began doing some light exercises at home and slowly started the elliptical machine. There were times I felt some pain so I eased off again.

About 2 weeks ago I felt a dull ache in the pelvic area where I had the hernia surgery. I had even more pain after a bowel movement and it continued to ache all day. I had an appointment with my pelvic pain doctor and mentioned it to him. He said it might have been an isolated incident and to give it another 2 weeks and discuss with him if it continued. So here I am 2 weeks later and the same thing happened but the pain was worse and lasted all day. I was unable to leave the house this past Monday. Tuesday some more pain but not as bad. My pelvic doctor is on vacation so I decided to call the surgeon for a follow up. It is now almost 4 months post surgery. I will be seeing the surgeon Friday. The other pain I have is in that same area but it feels like a nerve pain. Only when I touch or press in a certain area I get a sharp shooting pain. The first time I noticed it was a few months ago and thought it was just post surgical healing. I had even commented about it on this website. The tender spots are down low in the pelvic area near the groin sort of where the border of the mesh might be. I don’t want to get ahead of myself but am obviously concerned. There was a period of time that I didn’t have pain after bowel movements and was so excited because I felt the surgery really helped that part of my pain. The surgeon had explained to me that the fatty hernia was probably pushed through with that forceful bowel movement I had. He said the fat was really jammed into the femoral canal.

I am not sure what is going on. Maybe Dr Towfigh can chime in…especially if she remembers me from a few months ago. At 4 months I don’t think my seroma is completely gone either but that’s not where I am experiencing the pain. No bowel movement today so I can’t comment on pain afterwards but will wait and see what tomorrow brings. I’m watching my diet, still continuing with stool softeners, using a squatty potty and not straining.