News Feed Discussions Separation of abdominal muscles possibly due to aerophagia or gastric insufflation Reply To: Separation of abdominal muscles possibly due to aerophagia or gastric insufflation

• NancyG

July 8, 2017 at 9:33 am

I have been doing a lot of reading since I posted separation of abdominal muscle. My pcp called it a Diastasis Recti. Apparently its not a hernia. I do also have a small hernia lower down. on belly. I will continue researching. I believe several factors caused my problem starting with the steroid injection over one year ago which made connective tissue weaker. Also, my age 73, and previous abdominal surgery to remove a benign tumor on my spine.in 2002. In addition I believe cpap use and swallowing air and constipation from recent back surgery aggravated this problem. Will research more about pelvic floor physical therapy and try a new position for sleep suggested by Dr. Falcon. I am less emotional today and trying to figure out what to do next. Anyone else with this problem or suggestion from any of the doctors would be appreciated.