News Feed Discussions Separation of abdominal muscles possibly due to aerophagia or gastric insufflation Reply To: Separation of abdominal muscles possibly due to aerophagia or gastric insufflation

• NancyG

August 7, 2017 at 2:30 am

Dr. Towfigh. Thank you for responding to my post. Here is some additional info. The gastropheresis test was negative.

My stomach has stayed distended since I had spine surgery for spinal stenosis in June. At first I thought it was due to constipation from pain meds but even after i stopped pain meds my stomach has stayed distended. It has gone down some. I looked 9 months pregnant and now only look about 3 months pregnant. I have distention all the way across and Surgeon says it sounds like I am filled with air. No history of pregnancy. I have lost 10 lbs since surgery because I can only eat a very small amount. Surgeon tells me I have an incisional hernia from a previous surgery about 15 yrs ago and says my diastasis recti is small. I had a cat scan in June at the ER and it was negative except I found out I was anemic. I am taking something called Easy Iron for anemia.

I am worried that I have Cancer. Is that a possibility? I do not have an appendix or a gall bladder and I am 73. I also use a Cpap but recently stopped using it thinking I have Aerophagia. Could the incisional hernia be cause of my symptoms of distension, pain, upper stomach filled with air, and burping and feeling so full so quickly.