News Feed Discussions Separation of abdominal muscles possibly due to aerophagia or gastric insufflation Reply To: Separation of abdominal muscles possibly due to aerophagia or gastric insufflation

• NancyG

August 16, 2017 at 11:50 am

Surgeon is now saying I do not have an incisional hernia after he saw cat scan with contrast film and narrative which say nothing showed. He said he originally thought I had an incisional hernia because my colon was distended when he did the ultra sound test in his office. But he even pointed out on the ultra sound the white area where he thought the incisional hernia was.

I have lost confidence in this surgeon. He looked exhausted when I saw him and he initially did not remember he gave me a dx of incisional hernia 2 weeks before.

When I commented that he looked tired he said he had gotten 5 hours sleep which was a lot for him. He apparently does not think he needs much sleep.

Distention is a little worse this morning. I am looking about 4 months pregnant today. I continue going to physical therapy twice a week and I am doing exercises on my own daily.

Surgeon has ordered a pelvic scan to evaluate for ovarian lesions. My question. What kind of Dr. should I go to get a good evaluation of my stomach distention?. It am still full of air in my upper abdomen.