News Feed Discussions would hernia surgery messed up by overactivity a few days later be felt? Reply To: would hernia surgery messed up by overactivity a few days later be felt?

• rd9432

October 28, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Before the surgery I had reviewed the most restrictive post-surgery quides I could find, to aid being super careful for the recovery. I know to not do any of my usual stretches and exercises. The 8 lb dumbbell I had been using remains untouched, and I will wait the two months to lift it again. The lawn mower and rake stay in the garage.

The theme of the guides was to let pain be the guide, but since I only had a dull ache if I moved too far, after the first few days there wasn’t any pain as a reference. E.g., I’d raise my legs onto the bed, then have to ask myself what I was supposed to be careful of.

I did pose my questions about being careful to not overdo it, since I feel so close to normal just days after the surgery.
    The repaired hernia is actually less uncomfortable than the pre-repair inguinal hernia itself.
    They said that if I did do something to damage the repair I would feel it.

What catches me are various normal day to day reaches for something, that don’t involve any lifting or pulling.