News Feed Discussions Simultaneous Appendectomy and Inguinal Hernia Repair Reply To: Simultaneous Appendectomy and Inguinal Hernia Repair

• Chaunce1234

November 27, 2017 at 1:26 am

I’m sorry you’re going through this, chronic pain is very unpleasant. Have you been checked for a hernia recurrence? Did Dr Chen elaborate on the relationship between symptoms and your weight? Are you underweight or overweight? Do any particular activities or behaviors make your symptoms better or worse?

A general comment if you, Jnomesh, or others have difficulty with eating, digestion, and nausea would be to try drinking a strong ginger tea or real ginger ale (the types where ginger particles are floating in the bottle, it is strong) before a meal and see if that helps.

My opinion as a fellow patient, if you are already in the Los Angeles area you might want to make an appointment to see Dr Shirin Towfigh, who also happens to run these helpful forums and wrote the comment above, and get her to review your case. She is very knowledgable, I believe her number is (310) 358-5020

Best of luck, and keep us updated on your case and progress.