News Feed Discussions right laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery with numbness and pain on right leg Reply To: right laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery with numbness and pain on right leg

• wilfred

December 12, 2017 at 11:35 pm

Hi Ajm222
    Thanks for the response. Bring a dentist myself I like reading journal articles. Are you from Virginia? I graduated from medical college of Virginia (VCU) dental school in Richmond. I still remember during the gross anatomy days while disecting cadaver the instructor showed us the inguinal canal and all the nerves in that area which I never paid much attention as I thought I should only concentrate in head and neck which is my area. But overall I do understand and know the basic anatomy of that area though never had to use in my practice. My surgeon called me today and told me that he never had anyone complained about the kind of symptoms I am having. But all those journal articles or even forums are full of these post op symptoms in the leg or groin. I explained to him clearly that my symptoms are mostly in the area where lateral cutaneous femoral nerve innervates. But in addition I am also having some symptoms at the calf muscles and sole of the foot. Anyway with great difficulty I managed to get an appointment for tomorrow with a neurologist for EMG and nerve conduction test. I was told it is ok to get physical therapy started which I am starting from Friday. I hope and pray that I am out of this saga of post op pain and numbness and can enjoy seeing my own patients and give them 100% of myself the way I used to.