News Feed Discussions Diagnosed with Hernias via CT scan only, no bulges or symptoms, huh? Reply To: Diagnosed with Hernias via CT scan only, no bulges or symptoms, huh?

• Jnomesh

January 4, 2018 at 3:28 am

Yes by all means do not go under the knife. I have been in touch with a bunch of guys who had mesh inserted for hernia repair when they didn’t have any symptoms but hernias appeared on a cat scan and they didn’t have any hernia symptoms m. They ended up having issues with the mesh had it removed and the surgeon said they didn’t have any hernias in the first place. One might of had a lipoma but no hernia.
    get second and third opinions. Dr. Towfigh is a expert at reading cat scans and is someone you might want to get a second opinion from. And from my personal experience I rx dr. Igor Belyanski. He has expertise reading cat scans and can give you his opinion with no charge. Just send a copy of the cat scan on CD.
    finally if you do have hernias and they are small they can be watched if asymptomatic and if you do have them and seecis in surgery please look into and research pure tissue repair insteqad of mesh.