News Feed Discussions right laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery with numbness and pain on right leg Reply To: right laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery with numbness and pain on right leg

• wilfred

January 7, 2018 at 4:29 pm

Hi everyone,
    i have posted earlier about my numbness and pain on my right leg from my butt down. I had only occasional pain on my right testicle and groin after the surgery which for most purposes I thought was a part of healing. But my main concern was my right leg numbness and burning at the butt down to the leg. Having found no help from the surgeon and having no improvement I went to a chiropractor 5 weeks after my surgery. He was little aggressive in manupulation of my gluteal muscles and legs. Since I saw the chiropractor it has been 3 weeks and I saw some improvement in my numbness but now my right testical pain which was intermittent is almost there all the time including light burning in the groin area. My right testicle feels like heavy or pressure or pulling kind of sensation. This was very intermittent after the surgery but now has become almost constant. I went to the surgeon last week as I was worried that the repair might have been damaged by chiropractor manupulation of my legs but he checked and said the repair looks fine and my symptoms should go away. When I take Motrin it reduces or goes away but comes back immediately if I don’t take Motrin. I was most concerned about the pain on my butt and now on my right testicle. Can it be that the manipulation by the chiropractor made the mesh to move? I am really concerned. My testicular pain is about 3 and sometime 4. My surgeon told me that I had a small hernia but he always uses extra large mesh to rule out reoccurrence. I looked into the surgical notes and it says he used XL3Dmax mesh. I am only 5 ft 7 inches tall and weigh only 148 lbs. I don’t see the rationale to put extra large mesh on a thin patient like me. Could this be the cause of my symptoms? I don’t know what else to do. Very depressed whether it will ever go away. Please advise me if I should go for an MRI or Catscsn? I don’t expect anything further from my surgeon as he can only verbally console me that it would go away. Please advice me.
    Thanks