News Feed Discussions right laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery with numbness and pain on right leg Reply To: right laproscopic inguinal hernia surgery with numbness and pain on right leg

• wilfred

January 8, 2018 at 7:47 pm

Thanks Jonomesh for the reply. I just don’t understand about my surgeon who boasted that he has done 3000 hernia surgery and I being thin would never have any complications. Finally he places an extra large mesh, places three titanium tacks and closes the Peritoneum with more tacks. This is what the report said. I watched Dr Shirin Towfigs’s presentation on u-tube in hernia society meeting which clearly said that non use of tacks can reduce the post op pain. I don’t have debilitating pain but this constant dull ache in groin and other area is just driving me nuts. Cannot concentrate in my work and don’t know what to do. I never had high blood pressure and now constantly I am having this high blood pressure because of being stressed out so much. I am thinking about getting an MRI and cat scan to see if it shows up something. I shall contact Dr Shirin Towfig after I have all my documents. At least we are lucky to have pioneer like her who can help remove the mesh if needed. There are people outside USA who do not have any access to any surgeon who can remove mesh. I hope I get better with time. I thought they had done lots of improvement in the mesh design since you had your surgery 6 years back. But who knows what improvement in design they did. Everyday I wake up and cannot turn back the clock. So frustrating.