News Feed Discussions Abdominal Distension & Bloating – Common Symptoms of an Inguinal Hernia?

• Abdominal Distension & Bloating – Common Symptoms of an Inguinal Hernia?

Posted by PatrickH on April 25, 2017 at 5:46 pm

New member to the forum here. I’m pretty sure I have an inguinal hernia and waiting to see a doctor later this week for confirmation. I have symptoms that are common – small bulge in the groin that seems to come and go and what’s most bothersome, severe bloating that is causing some abdominal pain (and concern).

I noticed the hernia about 5 days ago but the bloating has only become bad the last two days. It seems to go away at night but any eating or drinking causes my stomach to distend and look and feel very bloated.

I am a healthy male in my 50’s with no health issues, until now. Not worried about the coming diagnosis or getting it fixed, but am concerned about the bloating. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

drtowfigh replied 6 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • drtowfigh

May 27, 2017 at 10:29 pm

Bloating is a symptom I hear often among my patients with hernias.

Did you meet meet with your surgeon? Plans?

• mela414

April 25, 2017 at 11:13 pm

I had an incarcerated femoral hernia and would wake up ok but by the end of the day I would be bloated or swollen. it would happen even if I didn’t eat ….just from walking around. By the end of the day it would be uncomfortable. I also have IBS but what I was experiencing was different. With time after healingbfrommthe surgery it got better.
    Good luck with your appointment
    Mel