News Feed Discussions Advice for Trip to Dr William Brown

• Advice for Trip to Dr William Brown

Posted by sambuka on July 29, 2019 at 5:54 pm

Hi All, I am preparing to go to California to see Dr Brown at the beginning of September for an Inguinal hernia repair. Please send any advice on what to pack, where to stay and any other recommendations.
    Thanks,
    Rachel Kimmitt

sambuka replied 4 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • sambuka

July 31, 2019 at 7:33 pm

I called and I found out the insurance would be billed 3975.00 for the surgery center and for an hour anesthesia it would be 1186.16 and for two hours it would be 1482.70 (this is what insurance will be billed). Then my portion for the doctor’s fee would be $500. So I was able to figure it out.

• kls007

July 30, 2019 at 12:31 am

Here is a link to a thread from months ago. There are some prices of a few surgeons. Dr Brown is one of them.

https://www.herniatalk.com/10684-request-to-surgeons-offer-no-insurance-payment-options-for-hernia-surgeries

• kls007

July 29, 2019 at 8:31 pm

There is hotel right by the surgery center he works out of. It is a Best Western. They should give a discount rate if you tell them you are staying for surgery.

• sambuka

July 29, 2019 at 6:08 pm

I was also wondering how i could find out how much the surgery is going to be with my insurance. The office has been fairly vague about it. I am going to call back and see if I can get a number for their billing office. I am an insurance expert so I understand how it all works but I will owe 20% of what they bill insurance.