News Feed Discussions Anecdotal experiences with Dr. Grischkan?

• Anecdotal experiences with Dr. Grischkan?

Posted by JamesDoncaster on May 20, 2020 at 10:15 am

Has anybody had an inguinal hernia repaired by Dr Grischkan?
    https://www.herniasurgeries.com/hernia-doctor-cleveland-ohio/

I have an inguinal hernia on my right side that recurred after I had mesh removed. The online reviews of Dr. Grischkan seem overwhelmingly positive — so much so that I wonder if they are real. Many of the testimonials claim that they had Dr. Grischkan perform a modified Shouldice repair and they were back in the gym 3 days later. This seems too good to be true. But, if it is true, then it would be a great option.

By the way, for those who have seen my previous posts, I had a non-mesh repair done by Dr. Brown on my left side (the side where I did not have mesh). I am extremely happy with the result I had from that operation. And Dr. Brown has also been an amazingly kind individual (he followed up on me daily after my operation). I mostly likely will have my next operation done by Dr. Brown as well. But, the extremely fast recovery claimed by Dr. Grischkan has me exploring the possibility.

I did see one testimonial on this side for a patient that saw Dr. Grischkan. His recovery seemed to take about 6 weeks.

Mike M replied 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mike M

August 22, 2023 at 10:50 pm

There is a recent review on here. It is mixed. I had a consult with him and I ultimately went with Dr. Kang.

• John

August 21, 2023 at 7:24 am

I am also curious about this. Did you find anything out? Anyone else have anything to share?