News Feed Discussions Be careful with Doctor review sites

• Be careful with Doctor review sites

Posted by watchful waiting on February 28, 2020 at 5:00 pm

The various doctor/hospital review sites are mostly suspect.
    Not only does staff and the doctor post their own positive reviews but the sites take down negative reviews when doctors complain. One example is healthgrades. They have 9 reviews listed for indiana hernia center surgeon but none of the one star reviews is accessible, only the positive reviews can be read. Not sure if ratemds or vitals is much better. many of the reviews sound phoney.

Unknown Member replied 4 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Unknown Member

Deleted User
    March 1, 2020 at 1:40 pm

I think the point where we clearly agree is: “I think he is a good surgeon as far as surgeons go. My biggest gripe of surgeons in general is that they refuse mostly to take responsibility for bad outcomes.”

Listen to Dr. Brian Jacobs, a leader in the field of hernia repair describe the case of a young woman in the attached YouTube video (approx. 23 min.). If you can’t link to it, just search “Dr. Brian Jacobs Chronic Pain.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1bjc4vUNg&t=16s

• Colt

February 29, 2020 at 8:14 pm

Actually found 1 negative review for 1 in Sarasota, and wasn’t a big issue for me
    Best thing u can do get to your appointment early and ask patients
    Leaving office from appointment what they think

• watchful waiting

February 29, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Not sure about google,I would have to research that. Was not singling out Indiana Hernia Center except that his reviews are uniformly very high with very little negative which,in itself, makes it suspect. Another is the surgeon in Sarasota Florida, no negative reviews.
    I think all it really takes to get rid of a negative review is his attorney threatening action and the site will fold. That plus the fact that many of the reviews sound so phoney (‘oh the best surgeon in the world’ etc.) I did find one review of the Indiana Center which accused the surgeon there of sexually inappropriate behavior, but really, the net is so hacked and some people abuse their access who knows if it has any validity? I think he is a good surgeon as far as surgeons go. My biggest gripe of surgeons in general is that they refuse mostly to take responsibility for bad outcomes.

• Unknown Member

Deleted User
    February 28, 2020 at 8:07 pm

Noticed that you’ve singled out Indiana Hernia Center in particular. Are you also inferring that that their GOOGLE reviews have been subject to irregular practices resulting in a biased, unreliable rating?

• Tigerpawn

February 28, 2020 at 6:59 pm

what’s a person to do