News Feed Discussions Bulging stinging feeling from Hernia surgery

• Bulging stinging feeling from Hernia surgery

Posted by gnodab on August 4, 2019 at 2:16 pm

I’m on my 5th day recovering from right inguinal surgery (shouldice repair) from Dr. Jorge Celso Ang an old surgeon here in the Philippines. I’m recovering well, I’m off pain meds and I can pretty much walk around with only minimal pain.

Today I’ve felt a stinging pain as if I’ve been poked by a needle in the operated area. I can’t seem to point out the exact area and it happens randomly but rarely. I have also been experiencing a familiar bulging feeling (inguinal hernia) in the right groin area but only after eating/drinking when my stomach is really full. I’m afraid the surgery might have failed or have screwed up something despite staying only in my room for the past few days. My right groin area still feels numb though and perhaps it’s just paranoia on my part? Anyway I’m scheduled to see the doctor again next week Tuesday. I would like to hear any opinion. Thank you.

watchful waiting replied 4 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • drtowfigh

August 5, 2019 at 2:33 am

Too early to tell. Likely it is part of normal healing process.

• gnodab

August 5, 2019 at 2:28 am
    quote kaspa:

I think you’re lucky to have an old doctor there who does Shouldice.

Indeed. He told me he was the one of the very few remaining surgeons in my local city that still practices the procedure and teaches it to some.

quote Dill:

Do you know what kind of sutures were used? The material?

This never even crossed my mind. I’ll be sure to ask when I meet him again.

• Dill

August 4, 2019 at 10:58 pm

Do you know what kind of sutures were used? The material?

• kaspa

August 4, 2019 at 10:00 pm

That’s too early to tell anything. Anyway it’s good to hear from Dr. Jorge Celso next Tuesday and you might wish to share here.

I think you’re lucky to have an old doctor there who does Shouldice.

• watchful waiting

April 7, 2020 at 6:34 pm

Did you go back to the surgeon and what did he say? As if it matters they hardly ever take responsibilities for bad outcomes.

• watchful waiting

April 7, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Why did you have your surgery done in the Philippines? Not noted for it’s good medical. What hospital did you use, some are better than others, but none except at St Lukes possibly come up to U.S. standards. How can you expect someone to diagnose you over the net who has never seen you? Hernia surgery is not simple like many people think. Lots of mistakes and complications reported.