News Feed Discussions Cannabidiol CBD

• AndreasInce

July 7, 2023 at 5:19 pm

CBD has gained a lot of attention for its potential benefits in managing pain. While I don’t have personal experience with CBD for postoperative pain, many patients have reported positive outcomes. It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional specializing in cannabis medicine to determine the right dosage and formulation for each patient. If you want more information and insights on CBD, you should check out this cannabis marketing agency. They have valuable resources to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and research in the industry. Wishing you and your patients the best in exploring CBD as an option for pain control!

• Javier

July 7, 2023 at 5:07 pm

I’ve tried CBD as a painkiller, and it worked like a miracle for me. I’ve even stopped buying painkillers in the drugstore.

• ChaseCarbone

April 10, 2023 at 5:39 pm

I have personally found that CBD oils can be a great option for reducing pain. CBD has been shown to have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects, making it a potentially helpful tool for managing chronic pain conditions. One of the benefits of using hemp-derived CBD oils is that they can be consumed orally or topically, allowing for targeted pain relief. Additionally, CBD oils are generally well-tolerated and have a low risk of adverse effects, especially compared to some prescription pain medications.

• Javier

April 10, 2023 at 4:52 pm

I’ve heard a lot of reviews that CBD oil is great for reducing pain.

• DrBrown

April 18, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Dear Iavoiegen.
    Thank you for your advice. I will start with a 1:1 product.
    My patients are willing to give it a try. I will leave an update soon.
    Bill Brown MD

• lavoiegen

April 18, 2019 at 7:52 pm

Good afternoon Dr Brown – I live in Canada where cannabidiol is legal. I have tried various producers, strains and concentrations of CBD/THC in oil and soft pill form with various success rate. A high CBD concentration is good for pain management and a high THC concentration is good for my restless leg syndrome and TMJ as it acts like a muscle relaxant. I would advise caution with THC as some people have negative reactions to it. A 1:1 THC/CBD product is safer and can help with pain while also calming an overly active nervous system and mind. Overall it’s a process of trial and error to find a product that helps!

• DrBrown

April 13, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Dear Arkj93 and Jnomesh.
    Thank you for the information.
    I plan to ask a few of my patients to give CBD and THC a try.
    Bill Brown MD

• Jnomesh

April 10, 2019 at 8:11 pm

Hi. Dr. Brown. I tried the CBD oil post hernia mesh removal and unfortunately it did not help me. Like the previous responder I have heard that the CBD oil from hemp can help with anxiety.
    i have heard from other people that medical mirijuana can dramatically help with pain including nerve pain. I believe this has the THC component too which the Hemp CBD oil doesn’t.
    seems the THC might be a big factor in pain relief

• Arkj93

April 10, 2019 at 5:55 pm

Hi Dr Brown,

This is my first post, but I have been a long time reader in this forum. I had TEP laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair surgery last year. I figured I would offer my input on the topic of CBD! I have been a user off and on of CBD for a few years now. Although I have never used it for pain specifically (I have struggled in the past with anxiety, mood disorders), I know that a lot of people use it for pain relief. I have read that it can attenuate certain pain stimuli, and also can provide an anti-inflammatory effect in the body. Although most states require a license for access to medical marijuana, there can be CBD derived from legal hemp products as well (although hemp products are generally less potent). One thing to note with your patients is that CBD seems to inhibit a liver enzyme that breaks down certain classes of drugs, similar to how eating grapefruit will affect the metabolism of statin drugs. Here is a link to an article that talks about that more https://www.projectcbd.org/science/cannabis-pharmacology/cbd-drug-interactions-role-cytochrome-p450. The ProjectCBD website is also a great resource to learn more about CBD and other compounds commonly found in cannabis. I believe that CBD is generally regarded as safe and I have also heard great things about people using cannabis as an alternative to opioid painkillers.

I hope this helps!