News Feed Discussions Chills after robotic hernia repair

• Chills after robotic hernia repair

Posted by Rosi on March 2, 2020 at 10:13 pm

It’s been 2 weeks since my robotic ventral hernia repair. Since last 2 days I am feeling little cold and getting minor chills in evening with body temperature rising to 99 degree. Is this something to be worried about?

Rosi replied 3 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Rosi

May 12, 2020 at 12:01 am

@drbrown

Dear Dr. Brown,

Sorry I had been away and just saw your message. I am feeling better as the low grade fever is gone. I continue to have occasional pain and feeling of stretching at site of retro muscular repair. I have follow up checkup with my surgeon in 3 weeks. I will share an update then.

Thank you,
    R

• DrBrown

April 2, 2020 at 1:28 pm

@rosi
    Dear Rosi.
    Are you getting better?
    Bill Brown MD

• idoncov

March 29, 2020 at 4:43 am

If that low grade fever continues for a long time it could be your body’s response to the mesh. I had a low grade fever that lasted a year after the mesh was put in and only stopped after mesh removal. The presence of abscesses revealed only during mesh removal explained why I had that fever. I’m not saying that is your cause but I wouldn’t just dismiss it either. In fact, that was one of the difficulties in working with medical professionals. They tend to dismiss far too much.

• Rosi

March 16, 2020 at 7:45 pm

Thanks @DrBrown. I continue to have low grade fever ranging from 98.8-99.4. Talked to the nurse over phone and was told that it’s expected as this is part of body’s response inflammation due to surgery/mesh and can continue for 3-4 more weeks.

• DrBrown

March 3, 2020 at 3:15 pm

@rosi
    Most likely the fever is not a problem, but ask your surgeon to check you.
    Regards.
    Bill Brown MD