News Feed Discussions concern of Hernia Repair an Lookin for 2nd opinion

• concern of Hernia Repair an Lookin for 2nd opinion

Posted by MamaJ on February 21, 2015 at 8:54 am

I just had a hernia repair surgery done on February 2, 2015 by Dr. Vinod Garg from Pomona, CA. and I’m not feeling good at all. I’m in pain went to the hospital because I wasn’t able to take the pain and there was something bulging out and the area became really red, I coughed and it felt like something inside tore and began bleeding. I explained this to the surgeon that did the repair a week later and all he said everything looked good. But he only looked at me pressed on where the surgery was done and told me come back in 2 weeks and was out the room. He did not even spend a whole minute in the room with me when he just walked out. Even Going into the surgery I wasn’t comfortable because he didn’t explain anything really he just asked me if I had questions, and I did because I did some research on hernias but he was rude and didn’t make me feel comfortable at all . I’m still in pain, it’s mainly on my right side and now the pain is traveling up where my diaphragm is and I have shortness of breath. the pain is just horrible .I also didn’t like how he patched me up my belly button just looks gross. Please help. :angry:

MamaJ replied 8 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

April 15, 2015 at 5:56 am

concern of Hernia Repair an Lookin for 2nd opinion

Perhaps you can provide more detail. Where was the hernia? How was it repaired? Attach a picture of it helps

• MamaJ

April 7, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Hello Dr. Thanks for responding, but unfortunately I haven’t felt any better it still hurts. Now when I have intercourse it hurts a lot. I was also wondering if urinating frequently is supposed to happen after surgery because omg, I pee a lot like when I used to be pregnant. I have lost my appetite by a lot. :angry: I feel sick and nauseous a lot. The operation was done in my abdominal area. He made a little cut right underneath my bellybutton. If there’s any recommendations I will be grateful.

• drtowfigh

March 7, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Please give us an update on how you’re doing. It’s not uncommon to feel sore and bloated after a hernia repair but you should get better with time.
    And what area was your hernia?