News Feed Discussions CPK follow up -kudos to NFG

• CPK follow up -kudos to NFG

Posted by Unknown Member on March 15, 2023 at 10:49 am

CPK—its interesting that you flew to korea without a visible hernia…as i am in the same position. Did you get imaging in the US that confirmed a hernia? prior to my surgery i had an ultra sound where a hernia was found by the tech….but the surgeons said they didnt trust it…dissection they said was the only way. of course i was dissected and destroyed…but the pain on that side went away with mesh placement…and my surgeon said he found a small direct hernia…could he be lying maybe…but it feels the same as it did pre mesh with mesh removal so i think its another hernia…Dr B said it might be a sports hernia…but our friend NFG says no way. BTW outside watchful NFG is just about the smartest guy there is about hernias mesh and mesh removal…encourage all with issues to reach to him…he is always happy to help…i try to compensate him every time we chat because he is so helpful would encourage you to do the same.

NFG12 replied 1 year, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • NFG12

March 15, 2023 at 10:30 pm

Hernias that are just fat are the least to worry about and are ones that sometimes never need surgery at all. Emergency strangulation for hernias are 1%. That’s a watchful waiting hernia type thing. Sports hernias are tareand more soccer players or mixed martial artists with kicking high etc it can tear an addicted tendon and they attach to the pubic bone but also with resting the tendon heals itself. Hernias containing just fat are not serious and do not need immediate surgery in my opinion.

• cpk303

March 15, 2023 at 11:02 am

I had multiple U/S performed in the U.S. confirming a fat filled hernia sac prior to departing for Seoul.