News Feed Discussions Desarda

• Desarda

Posted by reflibn on July 2, 2016 at 1:49 pm

On a forum here, Dr. Towfigh dismissed Desarda technique (which I am imminently considering) as a rehash of 1950’s technique that failed. Can Dr. Towfigh specify that technique for me? Is it Halsted? (which Desarda seems possibly like), Or something else? I am imminently considering, but don’t want to be stupid. Desarda *does* have many good reports from patients who have used. Boston surgeons have suggested Desarda may just be Halsted revived. I want to know if this is the “1950’s” technique Dr. Towfigh was thinking of, or if something else, and if so, what the specific name was?

dog replied 4 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • dog

April 19, 2019 at 7:02 pm

Dear lbpd16 Again and again ! Don’t pick the method ..pick a doctor . .and let him to decide how to pick and chose the Best method for you!
    We talk about it here …again and again:}}}

• lbpd16

April 19, 2019 at 1:43 pm

sorry for double post

• lbpd16

April 18, 2019 at 7:48 pm

Dr. Towfigh,

I was considering Dr. Tomas but it seems you have reservations about Desarda. If i can manage it I like Dr. Brown.

I have been watchful waiting for 5 years. Noticeable but not large bulge. A dull ache when standing for a few hours. If i move a certain way i feel a pinch/sting for a second or so. No other issues.

I work for the post office delivering mail and lots of Amazon. I’m just waiting for the day something breaks loose when i pick up a heavy package.

• lbpd16

April 18, 2019 at 7:30 pm

Dr. Towfigh,

I was considering Dr. Tomas but it seems you have reservations about Desarda. If I can manage it I really like Dr. Brown.

Been doing watchful waiting for 5 years now. Sometimes get a dull ache when standing for a long time. If i move a certain way i feel a pinch/sting for about half a second. other than that still no issues. I deliver mail and lots of Amazon so im sure thats not doing me any favors.

• ssonic99

April 18, 2019 at 9:00 am

Dr Kaufman from Brick, NJ also mentioned something along those lines when I visited him last October 2018. Nothing about the high recurrence rate, just that it was a rehashed technique and suggested a phasix mesh as an alternative.

• drtowfigh

July 6, 2016 at 2:21 am

Desarda

I’ve had the luxury of reviewing the Desarda technique with colleagues and mentors of mine that trained or taught in the 1950s and 1960s. They mentions to me that this technique fell out of favor then due to high recurrence rates.

It is not the Halsted technique. That uses the external oblique aponeurosis as a strength layer to the pelvic Floor closure, exteriorizing the spermstic cord.

I think we can learn a lot from history.