News Feed Discussions Do I have a hernia?

• Do I have a hernia?

Posted by calligirl on March 30, 2017 at 2:45 pm

I am new here, looking for answers. I started hurting last July. The pain is to the left of my bladder and it happens when I sit. I was working a lot of oveetime and I lean forward to see my computer.

i have been to 5 drs. CT scan was normal. Both vag ultrasounds normal. Last GYN last week said he didn’t see anything but probably bc bladder prolapse and just have a hysto and bladder tuck.

if this is prolapse, why is it hurting when I sit but not walking or doing other things? I can mash on it and it doesn’t hurt.

I just wanted to know if I need to keep looking for an answer or just deal with the cheonic pain. I can’t see having surgery if I am otherwise healthy.

thanks for letting me post. Any advice is appreciated.

drtowfigh replied 6 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

April 8, 2017 at 4:42 am

It is rare for someone to have no reason for chronic pain.

Inguinal hernias can cause pain with sitting, especially leaning forward, such as behind a desk or at a dinner table.

If you indeed have an inguinal hernia as the cause of your pain, CT may be normal or perhaps it was misread. I often move on to an MRI if the history and examination are suggestive of an inguinal hernia, since CT can miss the small inguinal hernias.