News Feed Discussions Dr. Daniel Vargo @ University of Utah feedback

• Dr. Daniel Vargo @ University of Utah feedback

Posted by groundfaller on April 25, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Has anyone been treated by Dr Daniel Vargo at the University of Utah Hospital? I will be happy to provide my email/phone if you prefer to not have a public discussion. I have yet to find personal accounts from patients but several other surgeons in the area have recommended him to me for the complications stemming from my original hernia surgery 1 year ago. This is not my original surgeon. I am seeking a second opinion.

In addition, does anyone have recommendations for questions to ask him or other items I should be prepared with to facilitate the process?

drtowfigh replied 8 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

April 29, 2015 at 12:10 am

Dr. Daniel Vargo @ University of Utah feedback

Dr. Vargo is highly respected in the surgery and hernia surgery world, among surgeons. He does seem to be referred quite a large number of complex abdominal hernias, so if that is your problem, it is good to have it evaluated by a surgeon with a lot of experience in it.

In consultation, I would specifically ask Dr. Vargo’s recommendations, what options you have, the expected recovery, and what you can do now to optimize your current situation to reduce your risk for perioperative complications and improve your outcome.