News Feed Discussions Hernia Discussion Drs keep brushing off my pain.

• Drs keep brushing off my pain.

Posted by Micaela on February 10, 2024 at 7:43 am

Hello all, I have been suffering from this pain for the past eight years since I’ve had my C-section. I have gone to multiple doctors for this pain. I have been told it was scar tissue, nerve damage, and just recently I’ve been told it was ovarian cyst along with just muscle strain, I am getting very overwhelmed and feeling kind of hopeless because this pain is getting worse and it seems like I can never get a straight answer and I’m tired of living like this.

Now let me describe the pain and explain why I think it may be a hernia. It is in my left lower abdomen and often it feels like a lot of pressure and when I stand up or if I move too fast, if feels like I’m having a tearing sensation in that region. Often when it is hurting, it’s swollen. It’s extremely tender to the touch and the only relief I get is what I lay flat even just having clothes touch that area is extremely painful. usually my pain is relatively consistent. It hurts around ovulation. It hurts around my period and randomly in between those events. I’d say it’s usually at a solid seven when it when I experience it but again it’s been for eight years now I’ve just learned how to deal with it. within within the past 2 to 3 months the pain has become more irregular and it’s hurting all the time and I’ve recently been going to the gym so I’ve been losing weight and gaining muscle and the pain has become very intense. Sometimes I’m doubled over when walking. I now feel a knot in the exact area that hurts. when I cough that not gets harder when I go to the bathroom, any kind of pushing hurts and I feel a lot of pressure in that area again pushing down on the spot is very painful.

I’ve gotten two CAT scans and both came back negative for a hernia. I got one in 2017 and I just recently got one yesterday both came back negative. I’ve been told it’s just a muscle strain and that’s what it is. I really don’t know what else to do I don’t know who to go to next to get a fourth and fifth opinion, but I need some answers because this can’t be normal, and this pain is is on its way to be debilitating for me.

If anyone reads this, I hope someone can at least point me in the right direction or have any advice. If you have any more questions I can go into more detail about anything.

drtowfigh replied 2 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • drtowfigh

February 10, 2024 at 12:14 pm

Sounds like you may have a neuroma due to iliohypogastric nerve damage during the Csection.

If so, this is very treatable.