News Feed Discussions Femoral Hernia

• Femoral Hernia

Posted by Judidah on May 23, 2014 at 12:31 am

I have read the famous article about Dr. Towfigh which led me to this excellent forum. I had a hysterectomy almost 3 years ago for vaginal prolapse, rectocele, and cyctocele repairs. Apprixately 6 months after my surgery I began to have lower back pain. After another 6 months or so I began to feel a small bulge in my right groin area. My condition continued with deteriorating with pain. I initially thought ovarian cysts since I have my ovaries. My gynecologists ordered an ultrasound but felt it was something besides my ovaries. She off-handededly mentioned “hernia” and the lightbulb went on. I chose to have my primary physician order the ultrasound but first he wanted a back x-Ray to rule out back problems. The x-Ray was normal. I then had the ultrasound which showed a possible small inguinal hernia. He then ordered a CT scan which showed nothing. I finally took all my results to a general surgeon who felt my concerns and really listened to me. I went into surgery yesterday morning with the plan that if she found a hernia ( lapriscopic) she would fix it. If no hernia was found, exploratory surgery would take place. The final result was a femoral hernia. She did not have to look any further because she could see where it was affecting the nerves. Today, one day post surgery, no back pain….alleluia! The surgery site is sore but I am so excited for life again! Thank you Dr. Towfigh for being on the internet educating us.

ldavis replied 8 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • drtowfigh

September 6, 2015 at 11:32 pm

Femoral Hernia

Ldavis:

Try Dr Goodyear in Lansdale.

Also log on to http://www.americanherniasociety.org and see if any surgeon in your state is located near you

• ldavis

June 16, 2014 at 12:52 am

Femoral Hernia

I’m so glad you were able to find a surgeon who repaired your femoral hernia. Are you continuing to feel much better? In which part of the country did you have this done? I’m trying to find a skilled hernia surgeon near me (eastern PA).

• drtowfigh

June 11, 2014 at 12:06 am

Femoral Hernia

😉